X doesn't recognize the touchpad as clickpad automatically. Open
an X-terminal and enter
    $ synclient ClickPad=1
This will enable click-and-drag/select actions with two fingers. For
emulating left-clicks with tapping, enter
    $ synclient TapButton1=1
and for right-clicks with two-finger tapping, the command is
    $ synclient TapButton2=3

Of course, you can also automate this and make it permanent, see
    $ man synaptics
    $ man xorg.conf
etc.