On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Paolo Aglialoro <paol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> yesterday I've been at an interesting presentation of pelican (it was a
> git+pelican+fabric gramework), in order to create static websites and I
> very much appreciated the topic. I had also recently had a look at jekill
> (which looks kinda promising), but discovered that there is a whole "world"
> of static site generators described at the page
> https://staticsitegenerators.net/ among which some look also interesting to
> me in case of customizations because just based on shell scripts and not on
> python/java/perl/etc in which I am not fluent: I am starting from the basic
> bashblog to more complex like rawk, baker, simsalabash.
>
> After a quick peek on openports I have seen pelican present, but couldn't
> identify more. On hugo webpage there's a package for OpenBSD
> https://github.com/spf13/hugo/releases
>
> Did you have success experiences with them or similar products on OpenBSD
> (e.g. octopress, jekyll, etc)? What would you advice to build a static site
> which should sport light but sexy template (e.g. scroll effects), multiple
> pages, pictures and some media links (like embedded youtube videos, for
> instance)? Use of googleforms would be a bonus.

I've had great success with this: https://github.com/nuex/zodiac.
It's on the list you mentioned.  You can build whatever you want on
top of it because it's so simple and hackable.

> Also, on source language: although being asciidoc present in OpenBSD,
> markdown seems at the moment the "industry standard". In ports, besides
> python version of markdown, I've found a really interesting C port of it,
> named "discount". Do you have had any previous experience with it and would
> you suggest it instead of plain python version?

Yes. I use discount with zodiac (mentioned above). It's great and has
a nice build system. You can build it out-of-the-box on OpenBSD (i.e.
no GNUisms).

> Thanks

Have fun!