Hi,

I'm trying to replace a PC Engines Alix board with an APU 2c4 board, but I'm having some issues to get it up and running. I have a fiber connection and my ISP requires a PPPoE connection over VLAN 6.

With the old setup, this works like a charm.
With the new setup, I can't get the PPPoE connection to work.
When I use tcpdump on the ethernet interface, I can see the PADI packets leave the system on VLAN6, but there is no answer at all. OpenBSD keeps sending a PADI every minute or so, to no avail.

I have tried to get it running with 5.9-stable (amd64), with a recent snapshot (amd64), with 5.9-stable (i386, as that works fine on the Alix), but none of them work.

When I have a working connection on the old router and then quickly move the cable (the one that is connected to the fiber/copper converter) to the new router, I can see some packets (belonging to the 'old' PPPoE connection) arriving on the new router (with tcpdump). So at the ethernet level the link is OK.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this? Some VLAN-tagging issue with the I210 NIC on the APU? Does anyone have a similar setup working?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Maurice