As much as I endorse and approve of any effort to create a good solution
for handling wifi's, I must say I find the use of perl and json
unnecessary for such a project. I've been using a "pure ksh" solution
named wiconfig since 2013 and which was posted here at @misc back in
2011 or 2012:

http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/wiconfig-simplifies-the-configuration-of-wireless-interfaces-td89829.html

It is available on github:

https://github.com/devious/wiconfig/blob/master/wiconfig

wiconfig:
- Works great with apm/resume, including trunk(4) interfaces.
- Has no dependencies. Just pure old fashioned ksh.
- Stores (accepted) connections in plain text format. (/etc/wiconfig.db)
- Handles quoted nwids.
- Does not require writing to /etc/hostname.if-files.

Not sure how/if it handles potentially unsafe nwid names, though.

Regards.

--
Erling Westenvik
,_____,