Hi,

I'm trying to sync the cvs tree with cvsup. As explained at this page:
http://www.openbsd.org/cvsup.html

The only thing I found about tags was in the sectiion "Running CVSup
in Checkout Mode" which says to use the tag option when you want to
use a specified version e.g. of a date.

But how can I use ONLY the stable version? I thought about something
like that:
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default umask=022
*default host=cvsup2.de.openbsd.org
*default base=/cvs
*default prefix=/cv
*default compress
OpenBSD-src tag=OPENBSD_3_8

Would this download/sync only the stable tree?

Another question, the recomended way of syncing is with cvsync but
this product has no tag option. How would it be possible to sync the
stable tree? And if not, what would happen when I sync and then build
the tree? Would it build current?
The only thing I've found about the tag-problem was at the
mailinglist at cvsync with this entry:
http://mailserv.allbsd.org/pipermail/cvsync-devel/2004-February/
000085.html
But this was 2004 and I don't know if there's something new today?

It's a little bit confusing to sync the stable tree. It would be nice
to hear of someone who uses one of these tools and is syncing the
stable tree.

Best regards
Stefan

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of PGP.sig]