On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> On 2016-07-14 07:27, Maxim Khitrov wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> No, the tests are run sequentially. Write performance is measured
>> first (20 MB/s), then rewrite (12 MB/s), then read (37 MB/s), then
>> seeks (95 IOPS).
>

> Okay, you are on a totally weird platform. Or, on an OK platform with a
> totally weird configuration.
>
> Or on an OK platform and configuration with a totally weird underlying
> storage device.
>
> Are you on a magnet disk, are you using a virtual block device or virtual
> SATA connection, or some legacy interface like IDE?
>
> I get some feeling that your hardware + platform + configuration crappiness
> factor is fairly much through the ceiling.

Dell R720 and R620 servers, 10 gigabit Ethernet SAN, Dell MD3660i
storage array, 1.2 TB 10K RPM SAS disks in RAID6. I don't think there
is anything crappy or weird about the configuration. Test results for
CentOS on the same system: 170 MB/s write, 112 MB/s rewrite, 341 MB/s
read, 746 IOPS.

I'm assuming that there are others running OpenBSD on Xen, so I was
hoping that someone else could share either bonnie++ or even just dd
performance numbers. That would help us figure out if there really is
an anomaly in our setup.