On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 04:01:30PM +0800, Miles Keaton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Alexandre Ratchov <a...@caoua.org> wrote:
>
> > could you go in the bios setup and see if there are options to
> > disable audio recording?  If so, could you enable recording and see
> > what happens?
> >

> That fixed it. Thank you!
>
> So, (for the list archives), azalia audio driver :
> http://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-current/man4/azalia.4
>
> dmesg cliip:
> azalia1 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 8 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
> azalia1: codecs: Realtek ALC292
> audio0 at azalia1
>
> When hardware microphone is disabled in BIOS, audio will stutter.  Enabling
> hardware microphone again makes audio work fine.
>
> Very strange, but true.

When the microphone is disabled, the azalia driver gets confused on
certain machines.  We need to fix it (ie make the device appear
play-only), but I don't have a machine that reproduces the problem.

If you have some time, could you build a kernel with the
AZALIA_DEBUG option, reboot using the new kernel and send me the
output of dmesg once with the mic disabled in the bios and once
with the mic enabled.  This way we could compare them and possibly
find a fix.

thanks