Hello,

We are using OpenBSD 3.8 as a firewall/router. We have two internal nets; one with workstations (NAT) and one DMZ with a single server. And thus we have three network interfaces installed in the router: one for the NAT, one for the DMZ and one for the external net.

Our ISP has given us a range of IP adresses (the ones below are obfuscated ;)):

Segment: 38.87.5.112 /28 net address: 38.87.5.112
gateway adress:   38.87.5.113
firewall:              38.87.5.114
fria fasta ip:         38.87.5.115-126
broadcast address:    38.87.5.127
netmask:              255.255.255.240

I have set up the DMZ with
net adress 38.87.5.120
Gateway: 38.87.5.121
Server: 38.87.5.122

netmask:              255.255.255.252

To ensure that routing worked properly I just entered pass (and nat of course) in the /etc/pf.conf file. I have no trouble connecting to the server at 38.87.5.122 from the internal net where nat-addresses are used, but for some reason I cant connect to the server from the outside. I thought it was a routing problem but when I entered a port redirect from the gateway

(38.87.5.113) to the server at 38.87.5.122 for the ssh port I reached the server. I haven't got a clue whats wrong. Can anybody help to explain this or have an idea of a workaround (I dont want the port
redirect)? Thanks in advance.

/Jonas