Von: ML mail
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016 21:59
An: Adam Wolk; Miscellaneous OBSD
Antwort an: ML mail
Betreff: Re: athn0: device timeout with AR9271

Hi Adam,

I upgraded yesterday from 5.8 to 5.9 and already encountered this morning the
same issue. In the kernel log I get a ton of these messages:

athn0: firmware command 0x17 timed out
athn0: firmware command 0x18 timed out

Now what would be the next step? Should I upgrade to -CURRENT?

or is there any patches I can try from you?

Regards,
ML

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:38 AM, Adam Wolk <adam.w...@tintagel.pl> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 01:31:13PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 09:57:38AM +0000, ML mail wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed a USB Wifi card on my OpenBSD 5.8 firewall as AP and from time
to time there are timeouts which prevents any access to it anymore until I
either plug out and in the Wifi dongle again or reboot.

> Please upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9 and then to -current. Last week, bugs
> in the wifi stack were fixed in -current which might affect this.

The issue might also be what I encountered with my athn0 usb dongle.
  https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=144895556213390&w=2

I do plan on implementing the process context for this specific driver (even
started during pkgsrcon in the beginning of this month). Let me know if the
issue persists after upgrading, would be nice to have more than one person to
test the changes when I get around to finishing it up.

Regards,
Adam