Hi,

What are you trying to do?

If you're after files which are on the ISO image, then cp(1) will
do just fine - simply mount the USB disk and copy the files.

Unless of course, you're trying to create a bootable USB stick out
of a bootable ISO image - neither cp(1) nor tar(1) will do the job
in this case and you will need to use dd(1).

Again, if this is indeed the case, *and* you are trying to create
a bootable OpenBSD USB install medium, ISO won't work in this case
- you'll need to use either the minirootXX.fs or installXX.fs images[0]

Regards,

Raf

[0] http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#MkInsMedia