> On 2016/08/19 14:48, Jay Hart wrote:
>>
>> Thank You Stuart. I can get moving ahead and will file this as a new process
>> moving forward.
>>
>> One last item: When sysmerge ran the only 'file' it came up with to merge
>> was the cert file. I
installed the new temp file as presented to me.  Are there other files I need
to check?  Did I
do
>> right?
>
> In most cases, if you didn't edit a config file, sysmerge can update it
> automatically without
you having to do anything, so there aren't usually many to merge by hand. Do
check over the
upgrade notes if you haven't already though.

Are the upgrade notes (referenced above) the notes associated on the openbsd
page for upgrading
say, from 5.8 to 5.9?

I noticed there are a significant number of patches that require a kernel
rebuild.  Can I apply
all patches and then do one kernel compile at the end?  If I go this route, I
assume I need to
apply/compile all the patches that do not require a kernel compile, then do the
one kernel compile
last?

I usually just install the patches as they come out (usually don't have 25 to
do), hence why I'm
asking.

I'm currently compiling patch #2, and would like to avoid a very lengthy
process.

DDclient: sysmerge stated I needed to check the config file.  I noticed that
the user may be
different from original user (I have to check this) but I consider this a minor
item I can deal
with in a few days.  Reboot will take care of short-term issues, if any...

Many thanks for answering my questions.

Jay