On 08/26/16 15:32, Pedro Tender wrote:
"In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess."
- PEP 20

"Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!"
- Steven Seagal

You've assumed many things and you've made a mistake.

Don't blame other people's work for it.
Don't test on production/daily use machines.
Test before deploy.
I think it's pretty clear that this guy thought he knew what he was doing and was sadly mistaken. When this "experienced OS installer" was trying to install OpenBSD in "some unused disk space" and the installer said "Use (W)hole disk?", one would have thought a warning horn would have gone off. One would also think that when installing an unfamiliar OS that a backup, restore-able to bare-metal, would have been done (I don't know that it wasn't, since he never said one way or the other, but the "I've been screwed by you guys" tone of the original post suggests it wasn't done).

I would like to politely suggest that enough network bandwidth has been wasted on this one.