Hi,

Since I upgraded to OBSD 6.0 I have had some problems with Unbound and
dnscrypt-proxy.

Normally I would troubleshoot by using "dig" to request directly to
dnscrypt-proxy, but for some reason (I don't know) the "-p" option has been
removed and it is impossible to use that now.

Unbound seems unable to forward requests to dnscrypt-proxy which I have running
on port 40 following the guide in the FAQ
(http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/example1.html#dns).

In my unbound.conf I have the following:

forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@40

Then in my /etc/rc.conf.local I have:

dnscrypt_proxy_flags=-l /var/log/dnscrypt-proxy -R fvz-rec-de-fra-01 -a
127.0.0.1:40
pkg_scripts="dnscrypt_proxy"

When I do a "dig yahoo.com" I get the following:

;yahoo.com.                     IN      A

No IP. And a ping also returns:

ping: unknown host: yahoo.com

Of course I have tested other hosts as well, same result.

I am getting no information in the logs.

If I have unbound forward directly to an OpenNIC server all works well again so
the trouble is between unbound and dnscrypt-proxy.

This used to work flawlessly, but since the "-p" option has been removed from
"dig" it's very difficult to debug dnscrypt-proxy without having PF doing
redirects and what not.

How to troubleshoot this problem better?

Kind regards