Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:00:39 +0200 Karel Gardas <gard...@gmail.com>
> 1) use machine with proper ECC support

Hello Karel,

Please explain this "proper ECC support" for every laptop user out there?
I am not sure my system implements "proper ECC support", how to validate?
Can you advise why OpenBSD developers still run laptops if they lack ECC?

Kind regards,
Anton

Mon, 17 Oct 2016 21:48:47 +0800 Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org>
> Sometimes a machine goes unresponsive. In this case, a non-ECC RAM
> machine.

Hello Tinker,

This is one very intriguing problem with a very trivial solution: reboot.
The idea to work around missing ECC support with software is as practical
as using a system without hardware accelerated graphics / virtualisation.
You're looking for ways to implement this yourself as I would not use it,
unless obvious there is minimal performance penalty.  It looks like there
is absolutely no practical use of my expensive ECC setup, where I upgrade
more often than I see the (any) ECC errors and the lockups you advertise.
Can someone please explain how (if) OpenBSD does get ECC events reported?

Kind regards,
Anton