Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:32:08 +0200 Marc Peters <m...@mpeters.org>
> Am 10/20/16 um 18:26 schrieb Stuart Henderson:
> >
> > You should find out if they have IPMI.  Standard config on many Supermicros
> > is to have it enabled, sharing the first main network port if you don't have
> > anything plugged into the dedicated one, with the same password on every
> > machine.  You do not want this.
> >

> Yeah, we have a couple of Supermicros, which have IPMI. Actually, the
> IPMI will share any connected onboard nic, if the dedicated is not
> connected. These machines at least don't have IPMI and i don't know, if
> you can buy any equipped with IPMI.

Hi Marc,

You can use these online resources to locate your motherboard and verify
its capabilities or if there is new BIOS and IPMI firmware respectively:

Supermicro: Motherboard Matrix
http://www.supermicro.com/ResourceApps/MB_matrix.aspx

Supermicro: Firmware List
http://supermicro.com/support/bios/firmware0.aspx

Thomas Krenn Wiki: (Supermicro) Motherboards
https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Category:Motherboards

A basic search for secure IPMI deployment guide will be of good results.

Kind regards,
Anton