Thanks very much. Yes, I am using mp3,flac so that there are two versions.

With the vob format, I have not had any problems with subtitles or audio
streams. It is important for me to use OpenBSD especially since I believe it
will be around much longer than other operating systems. So I have not tried
other OSes.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 30, 2016, at 10:21, Simon Ruderich <si...@ruderich.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 05:44:59PM -0500, Vijay Sankar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In preparation for my retirement in 2050, I am setting up a media server
>> for all my DVDs and CDs.
>>
>> For ripping CD's, I was planning to use abcde as follows:
>>
>> abcde -q high -o mp3
>
> Hello,
>
> For long term storage you might want to consider a more modern
> format like flac (for lossless compression) or ogg/vorbis (better
> quality than mp3).
>
> I use cdparanoia and oggenc (for ogg/vorbis). I think abcde can
> use flac/vorbis too, but haven't used it.
>
>> For DVD's, I was thinking of stuff (thanks to Christian "naddy"
Weisberger)