Does /var/log/* have any clues?

Philippe Meunier wrote on 11/15/16 06:11:
Hello,

I'm just curious: what is it in the kernel that wakes up about every
minute to do some work even on a completely idle machine?  I'm asking
because xload shows some curious looking saw shaped load like this:
http://www.ccis.northeastern.edu/home/meunier/xload.jpg
That's on an idle Thinkpad T43 running OpenBSD 6.0-release.  At first
I thought it might be something like cupsd, but even after killing
daemons one by one and going to single user mode these regular peaks
still continue.  So I guess it's due to some kernel thread?  I tried
to use "top -S" but couldn't figure out the source.  Does anyone have
any idea of how to find it?

Thanks,

Philippe