I'm taking the plunge now. Mostly, I was concerned about SSD longevity and
if TRIM would be a problem due to the different way data is going to be
accessed. It was the cheapest drive I could find locally anyway, and I keep
good backups (dump to a much larger external drive that's also using
softraid crypto) so I suppose if it burns up in a year it's not really that
big of a problem.