Cups interface recognizes my Xerox_Phaser_6010N printer but when I go to print
a pdf displayed in Firefox or any other page from it It looks like it’s
going to happen and I get the job listed as Completed but the printer didn’t
do anything.

Has anyone had any success with using CUPS to print. Cups detected my Xerox on
the network so it looked like it would work but the printer doesn’t seem to
respond. It seems to print on port 9100 but that didn’t seem to work for me
either. Do I need to use a specific protocol with that port number?

Yes I have read the help file and got the “gtk+3-cups” package so that I
can print from Firefox and it shows the Xerox printer in the Firefox print
dialog. It sends to the printer but the printer does nothing as I stated
before. I know the printer works because I print from my MacBook Pro as well
to the network.
######
Cups config of this printer looks like this:
Location: Local Printer
Driver: Xerox Phaser 6100 Foomatic/Postscript (grayscale, 2-sided printing)
Connection: "socket://192. <socket://192.68>168.1.101
Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided.
######

I’d appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot this or get the printer to
respond.