From: "Bill Marquette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 1/12/06, RV Tec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>
Also, on a related issue: any thoughts on SUN FIRE X4200?

I recently got my hands on one, there's some issues with it (like the
SAS drives aren't showing up, oops).  If the usb on it works, I'll
post a dmesg from this hardware next week.  From memory, it has the
same pci-x bus issue as the dl385 I posted about earlier, the onboard
Intel cards did come up, the onboard LSI controller may have been
recognized (not sure), but it's attached storage was not.

the onboard storage controller isnt supported, and likely wont be unless the developers get their hands on an lsi sas controller. personally id like one packaged and delivered to me in an x4100, but lesser shipping material such as bubble wrap would do fine...

dlg