Theo de Raadt and official developers of OpenBSD, please follow the "heart
of the letters"!

What is up with some free software providers?! They say "Here's something
free! Oh wait, I changed my mind."

    David Dawes worked for years with a team of developers to make a free
X11 distribution for us to use, called XFree86, 98% of which was based on
entirely free code from MIT. Suddenly, one day, he decided that we must
give him more credit (ie. advertise his name) or stop using it. Within
about 4 months every project had told him to get stuffed, and the community
has created a replacement effort. Now his team cannot even keep their web
pages up to date...

    OpenBSD was the first operating system to integrate a packet filter,
and it was the ipf codebase from Darren Reed that we chose. But a few years
later he told us that we were not free to make changes to the code. So we
deleted ipf, and our new packet filter far exceeds the capabilities of the
one he wrote. And other projects are switching too...

    The Apache group started from the humble beginnings of just being 'a
patchy' set of changes to a completely free web server of dubious quality.
But the years have changed them, and what they supply is now quite
non-free... released under a license so entangled in legalese that we have
absolutely no doubt that there are encumbrances hidden within. Legal terms
protect. Who are they protecting? Not your freedom.

reference: https://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html#36

What are the others groups who have made this Free-to-Non-Free transition
before and after the existence of OpenBSD?