Hey gang,

So I'm putting a new firewall in place and have run into issues with
getting relayd to start using:

# /etc/rc.d/relayd start

When I try starting it like that inevitably I get:

    relayd(failed)

checking the log files tells me:

    relayd: socketpair: Too many open files

Having trolled through pages of SERPs, I can't find an answer; however, in
the interest of science, if I do this:

# ulimit -n 512
# /usr/sbin/relayd

it starts perfectly.

Anyone care to give me a quick strike with the clue stick, please?

Oh yah, here's my relayd.conf

# Example.com
# 145.176.20.136
exm_chi01="192.168.2.0"
exm_chi02="192.168.2.1"

table <Example.com>       { $exm_chi01, $exm_chi02 }

#=========#
# Servers #
#=========#
redirect "Example.com" {
        listen on 145.176.20.162 port 80 interface vio0
        pftag RELAYD-Example.com
        forward to <Example.com> check tcp
}

For what it's worth, I'm using a hosts file to point example.com to my IP
for the time being, as I can't pull the real sites down and move them 'til
this is working.

Also of interest: pf seems to be working as advertised, as does relayd when
it's started with the ulimit cranked up.

Thanks,
Kevin