On 01/03/17 11:16, Adam Van Ymeren wrote:
> On 01/03/17 02:15, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
>> Adam Van Ymeren writes:
>>> I was attempting to to use android's adb toolbut when I enable usb
>>> debugging on my phoneit appears to repeatedly detach/reattach the device.
>>>
>>> Anyone experience this before or have any advice on how to debug this?
>>>
>>> Jan  2 15:12:30 adam-laptop /bsd: ugen2 at uhub0 port 5 "Samsung Galaxy
>>> Nexus" rev 2.00/2.16 addr 2
>> This seems to be a problem with the Galaxy Nexus, and I've seen it on
>> mine. I did buy another Galaxy Nexus to pass on to any dev with
>> potential interest but couldn't reproduce the problem on the new phone;
>> maybe I forgot to enable USB debugging.
>
> Interesting, it doesn't happen plugging my Galaxy Nexus into a Linux of macOS
> machine, also doesn't happen on OpenBSD using different android phones.
> Definitely something specific with the combination of OpenBSD and the Galaxy
> Nexus.
>
> I did some more digging, if I'm reading this right, shortly after the device
> connects, ehci.c reads the "Connect Status Change" register, triggers another
> uhub_explore, which calls uhub_port_connect, which detaches the existing
> device.
>

> I'm reading the linux usb drivers to try to fiure out what it's doing
> different, but this isn't my area of expertise :).
>

> Follows is some more debugging information if anyone is interested
>
> Here's the lsusb -v output from a linux machine:
>
> [ ... snip ...]
>
> Also some dmesg output with usbdebug = 0xff; of the device re-attaching a few
> times.
>
> [ ... snip ...]

I have a similar galaxy nexus and noticed the same degradation when usb
debugging is enabled.

I built a USB_DEBUG kernel and collected some additional information from the
usb of a pc engines apu2c4.  The -current dmesg is appended. The details are at
http://arp.thrush.com/obsd/galaxy_nexus/:

[1] Briefly annotated transcript of console log from debug kernel (grep '#'
messages.annotated)
[2] Another copy of the -current dmesg
[3] directory w/ linux info about the nexus device including excerpt from
/var/log/messages and a few lsusb -v results.

[1]<http://arp.thrush.com/obsd/galaxy_nexus/messages.annotated>
[2]<http://arp.thrush.com/obsd/galaxy_nexus/dmesg.boot>
[3]<http://arp.thrush.com/obsd/galaxy_nexus/linux/>