On 01/16/17 13:58, Boudewijn Dijkstra wrote:
> Op Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:08:06 +0100 schreef Harald Dunkel
> <harald.dun...@aixigo.de>:
>>
>> But spamd's blacklisting (without "-b") lacks proper documen-
>> tation. spamd-setup(8) says that it sends blacklist data to
>> spamd, but it doesn't tell the details.
>
> Which details do you need and what do you need them for?

For verification I would like to see the IP addresses it blocks
without waiting for an appropriate spam mail. Obviously spamdb
doesn't tell. How can I drop an IP address from the blacklist,
in case that there is a false positive, and go back to grey-
listing?

>> And spamd(8) mentions
>> spamd-setup only for "blacklist-only" mode.
>
> No.

You know what I mean:

"When spamd is run in default mode, it will greylist connections from
new hosts. Depending on its configuration, it may choose to blacklist
the host or, if the checks described below are met, eventually
whitelist it.

When spamd is run in blacklist-only mode, using the -b flag, it will
consult a pre-defined set of blacklist addresses to decide whether
to tarpit the host or not."

The missing part here is the work-together between spamd and spamd-
setup in default mode.

>> Where does spamd store the
>> information retrieved form spamd-setup? Its not in spamdb,
>> I checked.
>
> In the memory allocated to one of spamd's processes.

So on a restart of spamd all blacklist information is gone until
cron runs spamd-setup next morning? I had expected that spamd
would use spamdb for its blacklists as well.

Regards
Harri