Hi All,

So I want to actually use my edge router lite instead of it collecting dust. At the moment I don't have a way to put my ISP provided router/modem into bridge mode. It acts as a DHCP server for my devices and does all gateway stuff. This means it's double NATTed. Not ideal, but I don't have a choice right now.

The edge router lite is connected to it via port 0 and has an IP of 192.168.0.16. I have setup forwarding:
$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1

Setup DHCPD on port 1 on the ERL for an ip range 172.16.13.0/24 along with unbound querying various DNS providers. I have a port 1 on the ERL connected to a switch, which then has a beaglebone black connected to it. The BBB gets an IP and can do DNS queries with drill.

Problem is the BBB cannot do anything outside either 192.168.0.0/24 or 172.16.13.0/24, like curl websites, ping websites, etc.

pfctl is completely disabled on the ERL. What should I look at next to see how I can get internet to the BBB?

ERL running:
OpenBSD 6.0-current (GENERIC) #0: Fri Jan 20 02:55:59 UTC 2017
    build@octeon:/usr/src/sys/arch/octeon/compile/GENERIC

BBB is running freeBSD current, but I don't think the results would be different if it were openBSD.

I made a little diagram at the link below with some output from BBB/ERL:
https://clbin.com/Skby4

The switch isn't the problem because the same thing happens when the BBB is plugged into port 1 on the ERL.

What am I overlooking that's preventing internet access?

Many thanks!