On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:52:56AM -0600, Jordon wrote:
> > OpenBSD 6.0 (GENERIC.MP) #1992: Tue Jul 26 12:52:55 MDT 2016
> >    dera...@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
> > cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class)
> 3.30 GHz
>

> A ‘6600’ would be a Skylake CPU, and skylake is not yet supported.
> I’m seeing similar issues in my Skylake laptop - sleeps find but video
> subsystem doesn’t wake properly.
> I know myself and several others are ready to make a nice donation when
> Skylake support drops.
> Until then…
>
> Jordon

Whether you donate today or tomorrow is irrelevant to Skylake support.

If you have the extra cash already, then why not just make that donation
right now? With a donation you are not buying a service or a product,
it is a gift you make voluntarily. Or perhaps a gift you make to lower
your taxable income. In any case, you have your own private reasons for
donating which nobody else should care about.

You have already been given a gift by the community which you can install
and run today, no strings attached. It is this same mindset that donations
are usually made with. Bragging about a donation to those who receive it and
even tying it to conditions makes it look not like a real donation, but more
like an effort to buy influence.