Hi!

I'm trying to build ObjFW[1] on my OpenBSD 6.0/SPARC64 machine. However, I
encountered the following problems:

1.)
lang/gcc/4.9 does not emit proper unwind tables. No exception can be caught
(in both, ObjC and C++).

2.)
When compiling things with Clang, for about 25% of files, I get this error:

> .runtime_runtime.lib.a.objs/lookup.lib.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

There is nothing above this line, like it usually is on linker errors (e.g.
PIC vs. non-PIC). I tried several flags, but no difference. I noticed that
Clang is using its internal assembler for OpenBSD/SPARC64, and that using
-no-integrated-as actually throws hundreds of errors (as OpenBSD's as is
pretty much complaining about every line). This lead me to the idea that Clang
is emitting things just not understood by OpenBSD's rather old ld, but
unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a newer binutils in ports.

Any ideas? My current plan is to build a newer binutils and a newer Clang
manually and see what fails and fix things as they come up. However, before I
do that and spend a lot of time waiting/compiling, I wanted to know if anyone
else already hit the same problems. FWIW, this all works without any problems
on amd64.

[1] https://heap.zone/objfw/ or https://github.com/Midar/objfw

--
Jonathan