On 02/04/2017 07:17 PM, Philip Guenther wrote:
Is this it?

"Trying 129.128.5.191...
80377 ftp      CALL  connect(3,0xaf766dd0bf0,16)
80377 ftp      STRU  struct sockaddr { AF_INET, 129.128.5.191:80 }
80377 ftp      RET   connect -1 errno 22 Invalid argument

It dumped the sockaddr and didn't complain about it being invalid, so it
made it into soconnect().  That puts the problem somewhere in the network
stack or network config.  To quote connect(2):

     [EINVAL]           A TCP connection with a local broadcast, the all-ones
                        or a multicast address as the peer was attempted.

Double/triple check your network configuration, routing table, etc.  Good
luck!

AH! I think it was a pf rule. I deleted some pf rules, rebooted and now it works! Ping was failing with something very similar:
ping: sendmsg: Invalid argument
ping: wrote yahoo.com 64 chars, ret=-1

Thanks for the pointers.

Philip Guenther