Hi misc@,

The SSD reading benchmark in the previous email shows that per-device
multiqueuing will boost multithreaded random read performance very much
e.g. by ~7X+, e.g. the current 50MB/sec will increase to ~350MB/sec+.

(I didn't benchmark yet but I suspect the current 50MB/sec is system-wide,
whereas with multiqueuing the 350MB/sec+ would be per drive.)

Multiuser databases, and any parallell file reading activity, will/would
see a proportional speedup with multiqueing.

Do you have plans to implement this?

Was anything done to this end already, any idea when multiqueueing can
happen?

Are donations a matter here, if so about what size of donations and to who?

Someone suggested that implementing it would take a year of work.

Any clarifications of what's going on and what's possible and how would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mikael