On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM,  <tec...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> I have a special use case for the HTTPD server, I would like to disable
> the chroot but can't seem to get it working correctly.

While I can't help you with your httpd chroot issue, I can suggest that
if you need to access a part of the filesystem outside of /var/www, you
can NFS mount it from yourself.

For example, suppose you have a directory /nfs/archive/dist/OpenBSD, and
you want to serve it via httpd.  You can do something like this:

1. add a line to /etc/exports:
   /nfs/archive/dist/OpenBSD -ro 127.0.0.1

2. start nfsd:
   # rcctl start nfsd

3. remount your data under /var/www:
   # mkdir -p /var/www/htdocs/pub/OpenBSD
   # mount -r 127.0.0.1:/nfs/archive/dist/OpenBSD /var/www/htdocs/pub/OpenBSD

At this point you should be able to chroot to /var/www, and still be able
to access files under /htdocs/pub/OpenBSD.

This may not be the prettiest way to achieve your goal but it's simple
and it works for ftpd.  I assume it would work just as well for httpd.

-ken