On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Karel Gardas wrote:

Well, as a ZFS replacement I've added checksumming support into
SR-RAID1. It was really basic and as simple as possible design and
even compatible with plain SR-RAID1, but still was able to detect and
self-heal corrupted block too. So if data correctness is your mantra,
you don't need whole ZFS for it. Well, I've not submitted my code yet
for the second attempt (first you can find in the archive) since I got
kind of stuck in rewrite for family/life reasons but I still keep my
hope on it and also hope it'll be delivered sooner than HAMMER2...

This sounds very good!

For my purpose I need less than a Raid continously checking integrity. It would be enough if it is possible to check integrity and correct
data from time to time by issuing a command.

Few questions:

(1) Where are the checksums written?

(2) Where are the metadata of Raid 1 / Raid 1 with Checksum written?

(3) Can I take a disc from the Raid array and mount it somewhere else
    as a normal ufs single disk?

(4) Well, sooner than Hammer2, but when? :)