I'm trying to set up antialiased fonts in xterm.

The OpenBSD FAQ used to contain a section "Antialiased and Truetype
fonts in X" with lots of useful information on this subject
        [e.g., an archived copy I have of the OpenBSD
        web pages as of 5.8-stable (checked out from CVS
        on 2016-06-23) has this as FAQ 8.20.],
but the current FAQ doesn't seem to address this subject.

Looking in the cvs logs, I see

> RCS file: /cvs/www/faq/Attic/truetype.html,v
> Working file: truetype.html
> head: 1.30
> branch:
> locks: strict
> access list:
> symbolic names:
> keyword substitution: kv
> total revisions: 30;    selected revisions: 30
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.30
> date: 2016/02/22 20:16:15;  author: tj;  state: dead;  lines: +0 -0;
> commitid: 8xuyj7Vi3LgzLAdx;
> remove outdated "antialiased and truetype fonts in x" section.
>
> ok matthieu
> ----------------------------

suggesting that that information is now outdated.

What Fine Manual(s) should I be reading for up-to-date information
on antialiased fonts?  I can't find anything relevant in xterm(1) or
any of the X server man pages.  Interestingly, the example from the
5.8-stable FAQ,
  xterm -fa 'Mono' -fs 14
*does* work on my 6.0-stable system.  But I'd still like to read more
(e.g., about what font families are available).

ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -color to reply]" <jthorn4...@gmail-pink.com>
   Dept of Astronomy & IUCSS, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA