On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:00:33PM -0500, Ed Ahlsen-Girard wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:47:36 +0100
> Thomas Weinbrenner <m...@tweinbrenner.net> wrote:
>
> > Since raising datasize-cur in /etc/login.conf my firefox has stopped
> > crashing.
> >

> What did you raise it to? I raised mine to 1536M for both -cur and -max
> and it's had no visible effect.

Sorry, but 1.5 Go could be a small value currently... Javascript JIT
engine pre-allocate 1 Go for itself at startup, and next the application
needs to do some malloc too...

You could check the effective current value (datasize-cur) with:

ksh$ ulimit -d          # value in kbytes
786432

Or read the value configured in login.conf:

$ getcap -f /etc/login.conf -s datasize-cur default staff
default: 768M
staff: 1536M

For obtain your current login-class:

$ id -c