At 10:55 PM 1/17/2006 +0000, Helio Santana wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server with an Apache+PHP but
always get an error.

This are the packages on my system (OpenBSD 3.7). Only this 3 packages
(it's a new box)

freetds-0.62.4p0    project to document and implement the TDS protocol
libiconv-1.9.2      character set conversion library
libxml-2.6.16p0     XML parsing library

My question: I have to do something with chroot and FreeTDS? (I don't
know what to do). Or this is a known problem of Apache 1.3.29? (I don't
find anything in google about a problem) and Apache can't be chrooted?

Don't have any specific info, .. but, in general, to use chroot'd Apache all of the files needed must be located IN the chroot. For example, if you need /bin/sh, there must be a copy in /var/www/bin/sh (assuming /var/www is your chroot).

I would wager the files do NOT install inside the chroot, so copying them there should fix teh problem.

        Lee