I suspect that you will sooner run out of file descriptors. but I assume
that if it runs into a problem, kevent() will return  -1 and it may be
unrecoverable. I suspect that it would first occur because the kernel is
being overutilized. The information that is being created, I suspect, is
being stored in the kernel. I may look into the source code and try to find
out. You'd probably have to edit /etc/login.conf as root to allow enough
file descriptors to be spawned in the first place. But maybe you could do
it with EVFILT_TIMER calls, as they don't require a file descriptor as an
'ident'. I suspect that the whole kqueue is flushed if you exceed a
specific level.