On 2017-04-19, Heiko <bd09c6fmxoq2...@intermezzo.net> wrote:

> I'm using current on amd64 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz,
> 3411.91 MHz)
>
> I noticed that with clang it needs 109 minutes for "make build" and
> before with gcc 32 minutes.

Not sure what you mean by "performance" in the subject.  We're not
building anything with clang yet, apart from clang itself.  We have
simply added clang.  The rest of the build is identical.

And yes, clang is a big C++ program and C++ code compiles s l o w l y.

> Is this a normal behavior?

The exact numbers are a bit odd, but generally speaking, yes, adding
clang has substantially increased the build time.  I see about a
doubling on Xeon E3-12xx-based machines for make -j4 build.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de