On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:37:20AM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
> I've not been able to get the X output rotated properly just yet:
>
> [weerd@taco] $ xrandr -o right
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  140 (RANDR)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  2 (RRSetScreenConfig)
>   Serial number of failed request:  14
> [weerd@taco] $ xrandr --output 'default' --rotate right --reflect normal
> xrandr: output default cannot use rotation "right" reflection "none"
>
> So if anyone knows of a way to rotate the screen from EFI, I'm all
> ears.

Add the Rotate option to your xorg.conf, for instance:

 Section "Device"
         Identifier "default device"
         Driver "wsfb"
         option "Rotate" "CW"
 EndSection

See wsfb(4):

       Option "Rotate" "string"
              Enable rotation of the display. The supported values are "CW"
              (clockwise, 90 degrees), "UD" (upside down, 180 degrees) and
              "CCW" (counter clockwise, 270 degrees).  Implies use of the
              shadow framebuffer layer.  Default: off.