On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 12:57:23AM +0200, Doggie wrote:
> W dniu 2017-05-02 o 00:01, etie...@magickarpet.org pisze:
> > I also own one of these nice devices, and replaced the usb thumbdrive
> > that was present for my own, to keep the original filesystem intact,
> > just in case. But I had to try a few USB drives, and I suspect the only
> > ones that could be booted on were USB2, and not USB3. That said, I
> > haven't verified this thoroughly.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> I based my USB flashdrive research on this thread:
>
> https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/List-of-Compatible-USB-drives/td-p/1185011#
> (especially post #5)
>
> and eventually chose Transcend JetFlash 710 32GB USB 3.1 Gen 1 - works like
> a charm in my EdgeRouter PoE.

On the ERL, try typing 'usb reset' to the boot loader if it does not detect
a USB stick. That made any USB stick work for me and also improved system
stability in general. 'usb reset' can also be put into the bootcmd variable.
The INSTALL.octeon file mentions this now (in 6.1). See there for details.