On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 02:15:26PM -0400, Donald Allen wrote:
> I am running current on an amd64 system. I updated the system from the
> latest (5/4) snapshot this morning, downloaded from the Alberta site.
> But I am (still) unable to install the following package:
>
>  doas /usr/sbin/pkg_add rust
> quirks-2.319 signed on 2017-05-03T14:53:25Z
> Can't install rust-1.16.0 because of libraries
> |library c.89.5 not found
> | /usr/lib/libc.so.89.3 (system): minor is too small
> | /usr/lib/libc.so.89.4 (system): minor is too small
> Direct dependencies for rust-1.16.0 resolve to gcc-libs-4.9.4p4
> Full dependency tree is gcc-libs-4.9.4p4
>
> This is with
>
> PKG_PATH=https://ftp.OpenBSD.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64
>
> The /etc/doas.conf uses the KEEPENV option for /usr/sbin/pkg_add.
>
> What I am not clear about is why a package would require a library
> with a greater minor version (and presumably newer) than that supplied
> by the most recent snapshot? If someone could explain this I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> /Don Allen

Your system isn't up-to-date: the latest libc version is 89.5.

$ tar zft /var/www/htdocs/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/base61.tgz
./usr/lib/libc.so*
./usr/lib/libc.so.89.5
./usr/lib/libc.so.89.5.a

>From
>http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/libc/shlib_version?rev=1.190&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
major=89
minor=5

So it should be something weird in the upgrade you did. Could you send a
full dmesg of the running machine ?

and the output of the following commands:

$ what /bsd*
$ sysctl kern.version

Regarding statment of Stephan about PKG_PATH, the variable is still in
use under -current. It is the use of /etc/pkg.conf which is deprecated.

But I seems to me that /etc/installurl should be present in your system
too. The installer adds it on upgrade (but maybe only if you uses an
http mirror for sets - I didn't checked the exact conditions).

Thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie