Hi,

I've got a question concerning the usage of tagged and untagged traffic
with two bridges.

Maybe there's a better way to reach that goal, but I need to connect
e.g. switches to my OpenBSD server over a so called trunk-port (all
traffic should be tagged witch vlan-id 123 for example)

This works fine with the following setting :

---cut---
# ifconfig bridge0
bridge0: flags=41<UP,RUNNING>
        index 24 llprio 3
        groups: bridge
        priority 16384 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20 holdcnt 6 proto
rstp
        em9 flags=ab<LEARNING,DISCOVER,STP,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>
                port 10 ifpriority 128 ifcost 55 discarding role disabled
        em10 flags=ab<LEARNING,DISCOVER,STP,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>
                port 11 ifpriority 128 ifcost 55 discarding role disabled
        em11 flags=ab<LEARNING,DISCOVER,STP,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>
                port 12 ifpriority 128 ifcost 55 discarding role disabled
        em15 flags=eb<LEARNING,DISCOVER,STP,AUTOEDGE,PTP,AUTOPTP>
                port 16 ifpriority 128 ifcost 20000 forwarding role
designated
        vether0 flags=bb<LEARNING,DISCOVER,STP,EDGE,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>
                port 19 ifpriority 128 ifcost 55 forwarding role designated

# ifconfig vlan123

vlan123: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr fe:e1:ba:d0:87:5c
        index 20 priority 0 llprio 3
        vlan: 123 parent interface: vether0
        vnetid: 123
        parent: vether0
        groups: vlan
        status: active
        inet 10.20.30.2 netmask 0xfffffc00 broadcast 10.20.30.255
---cut---

But additionally, I need to have so called acces-ports with untagged
traffic, but located in vlan123 (aka "access vlan 123")

For this purpose, I use bridge1
---cut---
# ifconfig bridge1
bridge1: flags=41<UP,RUNNING>
        index 25 llprio 3
        groups: bridge
        priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20 holdcnt 6 proto
rstp
        designated: id fe:e1:ba:d1:39:24 priority 32768
        em12 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                port 13 ifpriority 0 ifcost 0
        em13 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                port 14 ifpriority 0 ifcost 0
        em14 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                port 15 ifpriority 0 ifcost 0
        Addresses (max cache: 100, timeout: 240):
---cut---

I think I remember, that a year ago or so, I just added vlan123 to
bridge1 and it worked.

But it's a year ago, so maybe that's not really correct :)

Does anyone have a clue, how to accomplish that goal ?

Kind regards,
Marco