Anyone out there using spamd seeing a *lot* of spam from valid hotmail/msn mail servers? Most of their outgoing servers are in my spamtrap blacklist from spamming some choice spamtrap addresses (5 year old, unpublished addresses that got ripped from address books, etc). Spamd logs show it's actually spam, and the servers really are hotmail/msn (CIDR, forward & reverse DNS). I haven't had this problem with any of the other major providers, just hotmail/msn.

Could botnets out there be gleaning hotmail account info and using it to send spam? That would get around the port 25 block many broadband providers are doing...

Just found it curious. So far the attitude at my office is that the spam reduction is worth blacklisting hotmail. Spamd *ROCKS*!

--
Darrin Chandler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]