On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:21:10 -0500 Branden Harper wrote:
> I use the built in dump/restore tools for ufs/ffs.

Same here Brandon. These tools are written and audited by skilled
OpenBSD developers, _for_ OpenBSD's file system. Sweet.

> I have never been lead astray there.

They work very well + in single user mode /var & /usr can be unmounted.

Never hit the rsync "too many files" problems either.

> You can script around it to make sure disks are there (or to push
> across the network).

My scripts do Tower of Hanoi incremental backups nightly, encrypting
the raw dumps, then scp duplicate the encrypted dumps off site too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backup_rotation_scheme#Tower_of_Hanoi

All done with standard quality tools included in base.

Nice,
--
Craig Skinner | http://linkd.in/yGqkv7