theblo...@gmail.com writes:

> Hello,
>
> I’ve been trying to create an IPSec VPN in my OpenBSD computer and
> every time I connect my Android phone (running StrongSWAN) to the
> server I get the following errors in the logs (running iked -dvvv):
>
>> ikev2_sa_responder_dh: invalid dh, size 4096
>> ikev2_resp_recv: failed to get IKE SA keys

The problem is that iked(8) does not know how to perform Diffie-Hellman
group negotiation.  I have an incomplete fix for this issue:

  https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=149499865830823

You can try the patch in that thread and see if it allows you to
complete negotiation.  The first patch is probably better, but I think
it breaks rekeying of child SAs.

I'm working on a better fix right now.  I hope to have something more
correct to submit to the above thread this week.

> My iked.conf is:
>
>> ikev2 "base" from any to any \
>>           peer any \
>>           ikesa enc aes-256 auth hmac-sha2-512 group modp4096 \
>>           childsa enc aes-256 auth hmac-sha2-512 group modp4096 \
>>           config address 192.168.2.0/24 \
>>           config name-server 192.168.1.254 \
>>           config access-server 192.168.1.254
>
> I’m using 4096 keys and modp4096 but AFAIK both the server and the
> cliente support them. I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting the
> problem and could use some help.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I don't see anything obviously wrong here.

-TimS

--
Tim Stewart