On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 11:49:40AM -0500, rehcla wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> I can confirm that the Plugin installation works now for me:
>
> cd plugin_tmp/
> /local/bin/python2.7 plugin_install.py
>

> Do you accept the license terms for the plug-in (y=yes*, n=no, q=quit) ? y
> sh: lsb_release: not found
>
> Done.
>

> But I still cant get the printer to work!
> The good news it that scanning works now, but if I try to print I get an
> error about the missing plugin.
>
> So here is what I did:
>
> - Installing hplip / hplip-gui and  gtk+2-cups / gtk+3-cups
> - doing the plugin installation shown above
>
> When I try to print a testpage hplip-systray says: required plugin not found!
>
> I did copy HP_LaserJet_MFP_M129-M134.ppd from  /etc/cups/ppd/ to
> /usr/local/share/foomatic/db/source/PPD/HP/
> (cause the gui setup is looking there), but no effect!
>
> What am I missing?

Honestly, I don't know.
Without direct access to the hardware, it's kind of hard for me to help any
further. That specific printer maight not even be able to work on OpenBSD...
The workaround and associated doc I made in the pkg-readme are theoretical
because I don't have a printer that requires a plugin to be able to function
properly. I've been told in the past that it worked (on some printers at least)
but maybe not all?

Sorry but I am afraid you are on you own on this one.
If you find a way to make it work, please do share it and I'll add the required
steps in the the pkg-readme.

Thanks...

--
Antoine