On 20/01/06 15:02, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> working...VIA usually get recommended when the topic of amd64 boards
> comes up (you'll find a few posts in the archives about this).

Ah, good to know! I will do a better dive in the archives.

> Generally: you have a better chance of full support if you stick
> to slightly older hardware (and at least, it increases the chances
> of someone having already posted if it doesn't work!).

Absolutely; my headache is the computer providers only sell new "cool"
hardware. I was checking into a pre-owned system today, but there was
too much I would have to change to get that one functional (case,
cooling, noise, disks).

Regards,

/Joakim
--