I am investigating the feasibility of migrating aRESTful webapp currently hosted on nginx and6.1-currentto use httpd. Naturally, such an application requires a URL-rewriting facility.

Perusing the httpd.conf(5) and httpd(8) man pages, this list's archive, and Google, I see nothing that indicates this is possible. Of course, I know you can redirect from within httpd, but that's obviously not thesort of behavior an app like this requires.

I am encouraged by reyk@'s post to tech on 20 June 2015 wherein he says "Here is a diff that adds pattern matching to httpd, allowing rewrites with redirects." But that last bit is kind of ambiguous about whether rewrites independent of redirects can be achieved.

Might anyone knowwhether this can be accomplished and how?

Many thanks.