"M..." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I want to run a mailsever (20 users),
> (spamassasin/clamav) mailing list server (20 lists),
> ftp and web servers, (maybe 100MB or so of data)
> adding them in and seeing how it handles the load.
>
> I was thinking of doing
>
> / = 500MB
> /tmp - 100MB
> /usr - 1GB
> /var - 1GB
> /home - 1.4GB

Seeing that you are putting /var, /usr/ and /tmp, on separate
partitions, you should be able to shrink the / considerably, see
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.8/SIZES.  The values in SIZES
however do not seem to take into account such things as a ports tree or
system and X source code, both of which go into /usr somewhere.

On a system within reach here with full source and a ports tree, the
partition which houses /, /tmp and /usr has about 3.8 used, with /usr
consuming roughly 3.4 gigabytes. Skip X and system sources, you'll go a
lot lighter.