On 7/17/2017 11:09 PM, David Higgs wrote:
>[snip]
> After a good amount of trial and error, it appears that Comcast will only
> dole out a single /128 via DHCPv6.  Annoying but easy enough to work around
> with pf(4) nat-to and some static RFC 4193 prefixes.

I have Comcast as my ISP.

Comcast's IPv6 DHCP, by default, doles out a /128.  If you also want a
prefix delegation, you have to ask for it.  Comcast will give out up to
a /60 prefix delegation.  I ask for and receive a /62.  If you don't
specify a prefix delegation length, you'll get a /64 prefix.

I use the ISC-DHCP dhclient with this patch:
https://archive.mgm51.com/sources/pd-pref.html

It's been running reliably ever since Comcast fired up IPv6 in my area,
i.e., more than three years.

IPv6 is deployed nationwide on Comcast's network for at least a couple
of years now.