Hi there!

Please excuse if this matter is not strictly OpenBSD-related even though
I use OpenBSD.

When it comes to backups one usual advice (among others) is to make use
of different storage types. So I have tar'ed one folder (~32GB) and
zip'd with p7zip. man p7 explains the '-v{size}bkmg'-switch but I got
"System ERROR: E_NOTIMPL". Using split(1) I ended with several files of
~4.5GB each of which got burned to a DVD like so:

$ doas growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/rcd0c=<part-file>

Burning took some time but finished without issues.

NOW: How to get access to the part-file on the DVD? I cannot mount the
DVD to get access to the part-file.

Following the FAQ I used mkhybrid to produce <part-file>.iso but this
resulted in a significantly smaller file of ~340MB - beside that I doubt
that this iso-file is correct it is a waste to burn this onto a DVD.

I dd'ed the part-file to <part-file>.iso which has the very same size
and got burned to a DVD having the same result: I cannot mount the DVD
to get access to the part-file.

I read the applicable man-pages and searched in the archives,
stackexchange and Google, but only found explanations on how to get a
folder of a movie on _one_ DVD. I instead want to backup raw data.

If I can't reassemble the part-files this is not a 'backup' but waste of
time and money.

Obviously I overlook something - could some kind soul give me hit with
the clue stick?

TIA.

Best,
STEFAN