On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 05:30:32PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > > On Jul 21, 2017, at 3:42 PM, li...@wrant.com wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:33:31 -0700 Peter Faiman <peterfai...@gmail.com>
> > >=20
> > > Hi Peter, ansibles,
> > >=20
> > > No guarantee systems controls stay affixed, wrapper tools comply got =
> > it?
> >
> > The point of sysctl -p is reloading from a file. So that you put controls in
> > the file and load that file, exactly as happens in system startup. The whole
> > point is to ensure consistency with system startup. True, securelevel throws
> > a bit of a wrench in that, but this works for all other settings.
>
> We don't have -p.
>
> It is an addition made by a foreign system which barely uses sysctl,
> and has been acting for years like they will be removing support.
>
> THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR -p.
>
> It is unlikely to happen.

As I see it everybody has agreed upon that and some are now just making
suggestions on how to solve the OP's problem, that do not involve adding -p
to OpenBSD's sysctl.  So I thik that was uncalled for.

> Let's just stop this.  You just aren't capable of listening to what
> is being said.  Also, you are ridiculously rude.

I just do not get that.  I think Peter has listened to what was said and
that others are rude to him for no (very little) reason.

Best regards